Friday 22 June 2012

Count Your Blessings...


Today was just one of those days… I’m sure you know the kind… woke up, and just didn’t feel like doing anything.

I didn’t feel like going to work to patiently listen to the incessant whining of the people I have to serve

Wasn’t up for having to deal with the judgemental hypocrites who wouldn’t miss an opportunity to tell me all about how great they are, and how much everyone else pales in comparison

I didn’t feel like providing for people who ask for more before they even think to say thank you for what they already received

Certainly wasn’t in the mood to have to listen to repeat offenders beg for forgiveness when I already knew they’d do it all again

Didn’t feel like listening to the fools who constantly misrepresent my brand and fuel the fire of the haters.. ugh, just thinking about it fills me with dread.

But yea, that’s my routine on a slow day… but before you get on my case for complaining, before you insist that you have it worst, before we compare complaints, hear me out, there’s more…

I couldn’t be bothered to hold the Earth in its orbit…

Didn’t feel like maintaining the atmosphere, especially when some are so set on thinning it…

Wasn’t in the mood to maintain balance in the population, to protect soldiers away in wars I never sent them to fight, to resolve problems that were created by the people stuck in them, to watch over people who not only deny my existence but spit in my face regularly…

I just didn’t feel like it…

Lucky thing I don’t act based on my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment